Monday, March 1, 2010

An Announcement

We have set a date! And decided on a venue! Oh, the productivity!

Gaither Plantation is a historic county owned property that covers 4,000 acres. We will not be using ALL those acres, but we will be having our ceremony under a lovely pecan tree in the backyard, with a lake in the background.

 

Yep. That tree there on the right. 
 
 
The reception will probably be under this pavilion, or possibly around the back garden here:
 
This picture is simply another angle from the same vantage point as the first one. Mom suggested having the reception there, and I think it's a grand idea, since this is also right next to the indoor area that will be available should some guests be in dire need of air conditioning. 

My biggest beef with Gaither Plantation is that they have ugly chairs. Like this: 

I am trying to get over this. I hate chair covers, and so does Zack. I would rather have the ugly chairs than chair covers. Plus, renting chair covers is expensive! And we don't like them. Maybe I will hang little strings of tissue paper flowers or tiny bunting flags from the backs to distract from the hideousness.  Besides, if the worst thing about the place is chairs, I think I'll be okay. 

So, I will become Mrs. Hambrick on June 19th at Gaither Plantation. Yes, June 19th. In less than four months. Also, we're stealing my parents' anniversary. Aren't we just sweet?


All images in this post, with the exception of the ugly chair, came from Gaither Plantation's website. The ugly chair came from a google search. None of these images are mine.

3 comments:

  1. They're not *that* ugly, I think they look a lot better than regular old folding chairs! And probably slightly more comfortable.

    You're getting maaaaaarrieeeed! ::squee::

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Erin: I actually was in someone's house the other day and they had some of those chairs. Apparently the guy's wife liked them when she was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my memory serves, they're the same kind of chairs CSU has. They're not the worst chairs you could be stuck with. :)

    ReplyDelete