Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Venue Search 1/?

As promised, I am FINALLY posting our venue search! The first place we went was the Charlie Elliot Wildlife Center.  






Okay, so, the outside? Not so exciting. When I heard "wildlife center" I was think, well... wild life. And there is plenty of wildlife around it, but not so much around the building where they do weddings. It's really more like a conference center.


And a little bit woodsy, don't you think? I actually like the fire place, but the giant mural of the story of Charlie Elliot is just not quite my style (PS: I know that picture is blurry, but I couldn't NOT post it).  Plus, the room itself was sort of large-- the pictures I've seen were of a wedding with three hundred guests, and we're planning on having one hundred. I don't want to be rattling around the room like a hundred peas in a three hundred pea bucket. ;)




They did get points for the deck, which had a matching uber-large fireplace, and the view from the deck over the lake.

Overall, this was just not it, for me. The prices were great for catering because it's a part of the GA state park system, but the aesthetics were not really the relaxed, airy, outdoor venue I was hoping for.


No comments:

Post a Comment