Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dress Shopping Trip 1/?

Before anyone says anything, (including the man himself) I am trusting Zack not to follow the links on this post, since he is the one who is insisting that he can't see the dress until the wedding day. Silly traditional boy. Is it odd that I want to show him the pictures so he can help me pick something out? I'm so used to showing him everything, this keeping a secret thing is hard.

Anyway, risk of fiancé seeing the dress aside, yesterday, I went dress shopping. Like... Dress Shopping. The David's Bridal $99 dress sale goes until the eighteenth of this month, but I didn't limit myself to just $99 dresses because I really wasn't intending to buy anything right away. I wanted to see which styles I ended up liking best on myself, and I think I accomplished my goal. I tried on several styles, some which I didn't like (Two layers of fabric that end at the knee? Hello, not a $500 wedding dress!), some which I did like (Tea-length, lace overlay, sweetheart cut? Yes. Now if that skirt were just a bit fuller...), some of which I thought were massive (Is this a tent?), and some of which looked like undergarments (Not in a sexy way.).

My mother, sister, and best friend went with me. The experience of shopping by appointment for something that costs a whole ton of money was an enjoyable experience overall, and there are a full set of pictures here on shutterfly. Danielle has more on her camera, which I will provide a link to once I have them. You can probably tell which one I liked best from the amount of time I spent with it on while my mother and the attendant, Dionne, lavished accessories on me. I'm still not sure though.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment